At Havoline Xpress Lube in Kernersville, we are determined to be your trusted service and maintenance partner in caring for your car or truck, to continue its peak performance for the life of the vehicle. One way to do that, of course, is to maintain regular transmission service.
The transmission gets its name from the fact that it “transmits” the energy generated by your vehicle’s engine to the axle that rotates its wheels and so it controls the power and speed messages that are “transmitted” to your tires. If the transmission stops working, your engine can’t communicate to the wheels and you are left with the hard choice of making a costly repair or replacement, or with having to purchase a new vehicle.
Naturally, since your transmission system is so complex, made up of sophisticated hydraulics and electronic components, you only want service from a trained professional, like those of us at Xpress Lube.
In addition to your vehicle’s transmission, there are several other components that will continue to operate at their maximum efficiency with regular attention from mechanics who have been well-trained and are experienced in performing the kind of tune-ups and repairs that your vehicle requires. Such services include inspection of oil, radiators, tires, brakes, coolants, and fuel injection, along with North Carolina state inspections.
Helpful Tips for Car and Truck Owners
To help you extend the life and improve the performance of your vehicle, we share these bits of advice from Havoline®, our parent company:
- Tires should stay inflated to their correct pressure; letting them get low causes excess wear of the tires and uses more gas
- Remove heavy items from the trunk and passenger areas that add unnecessary weight; they make the engine work harder and use more gas
- From a stopped position, accelerate gradually and smoothly to conserve gas; don’t linger in lower gears, but continue to the proper gear for traffic conditions
- Don’t drive up to traffic lights at full speed and stop suddenly; start slowing in advance
- Don’t idle for longer than three minutes; turn the engine off and re-start later – modern engines do not use excessive amounts of gas when you start them
- If possible, avoid stop-and-go driving altogether; much gas is wasted by stopping and starting over and over, not to mention wear and tear on engine parts and brake systems
- Don’t generate excessive heating by resting your foot on the brake pedal or clutch; they will wear out much faster this way
- Maintain proper wheel alignment; this will slow down general wear on wheels and transmissions and help the engine work more smoothly
- Keep your car or truck humming efficiently with regularly-scheduled professional attention, such as we provide at Express Lube
Havoline Xpress Lube
We are open 7:30 am-6:00 pm Monday-Friday and 7:30 am- 4:30 pm on Saturday, so call or come by for transmission service or any other attention your vehicle may need.