When you notice that your car is having trouble handling or you hear an unusual noise, do not ignore it. Just like your body gives you signs when you are sick, your vehicle will let you know that its parts are not working correctly and need attention. Here are some signs that your transmission may be the issue and should be serviced as soon as possible.
1. A burning smell may indicate that thefluid is low and your system may be overheating.
2. If you notice a small pool of pinkish oil under your car after it has been parked, there may be a leak.
3. A longer than normal hesitation for your transmission to engage a gear after you put it in Drive or Reverse is another sign that there may be a problem with your transmission.
4. If your transmission is malfunctioning, your “Check Engine” light may illuminate. Don’t ignore this warning light. Get your engine checked as soon as possible to prevent expensive repairs in the future.
5. Slipping occurs when the engine is revving but full power is not getting to the wheels. When you experience slipping, it is imperative that you have transmission inspected for damage.
A little bit of maintenance will ensure that your car performs efficiently. It is much less expensive to properly service your transmission rather than have it repaired or replaced.
Stop by the Havoline xpress lube at 725 Hwy 66 South in Kernersville, NC to keep your engine running in top condition. We are just a short drive from Winston Salem, Greensboro and High Point.