Scheduling a tune up for cars you own can save you time and money. While some people try to avoid this extra maintenance, it is not a good idea in the long run. Over time, all cars, trucks, and SUVs need tune-ups. Even if you take good care of your car, a professional will be able to spot any normal wear and tear issues. By scheduling a tune-up today, you can save yourself a major headache tomorrow.
Common Problems Found During Tune-Ups
In general, a tune-up is going to find small problems or potential future problems. This can include the following:
- Parts that are wearing down and will need replacement soon, such as brakes
- Fluids that need changing or topping off
- Small tweaks that can make your car more fuel efficient
- Signs that indicate larger problems in the future
When you have a licensed mechanic fix these small problems, it prevents them from turning into big problems. Remember, big problems come attached with big bills! Preventative maintenance is the key to a long-lasting vehicle. Yes, you really can extend the life of your engine if you get regular tune-ups.
During your tune-up, we’ll look at the engine of course. However, we will also look beyond the engine at other parts that may need work. We’ll test the ignition and make sure the battery is in good working order. We’ll also look at your brakes for signs of wear, lights that aren’t working, steering issues, and other problems. In short, our tune-up goes beyond simply ensuring that your engine is running smoothly.
For most cars, an annual tune-up is all that you need to do. In fact, you can schedule your tune up for cars at the same time your schedule your annual state inspection. That way, you’ll never forget.
However, if you have an older car or drive more miles than normal, you may want a tune-up more often. It is also a good idea to schedule a tune-up before any major road trip. You don’t want to be stuck on the side of the road when you’re hundreds of miles from home.
How Much Does a Tune Up for Cars Cost?
The cost of a tune-up varies, depending on a few factors:
- Your make and model
- The size of your engine and fuel type
- The exact services you schedule
- Whether or not you need any minor repairs or parts replacement
Here’s the good news: we offer a loyalty program! When you schedule your tune-ups with Kernersville Auto Center, you can earn points for every dollar you spend. Later, you can cash in those points for free car washes, oil changes, or discounts. It’s a great way to save money. Click here to learn more about our loyalty program.
Keep in mind that your service will cost more if you need major repairs, such as replacing an ignition switch or battery. That said, at the first sign of problems, you should bring your car for our mechanics to check. The longer you avoid the repairs, the worse the problems will get. And, you could be putting yourself and your family in danger if you don’t make repairs. For example, a fuel leak can cause a fire and a bad ignition can cause your car to stall while driving. Tune-ups can be scheduled at your leisure, but major issues should be repaired immediately.
Why Choose Kernersville Auto Center
Why should you choose Kernersville Auto Center? Here are a few reasons why our customers are loyal to us:
- We treat your car as if it were our own. You’ll get it back in better condition than when you left it. Even if all you need is a new fuel cap, we treat your car like a VIP.
- If you aren’t familiar with cars, you can trust our experts. Our mechanics are ASE-certified with years of experience performing maintenance and repairs. We’ll explain everything to you in terms you can understand.
- We have been serving the Kernersville area for more than 24 years. Owner Mac Allen is a respected member of the community with a reputation of being trustworthy.
- We’ll always give you honest advice and a fair price. Our goal is to help you save money. So, we won’t recommend services you don’t really need.
- Not only do we want your car to run great, but we also care about fuel efficiency. The environment (and your bank account) are important to us.
You can click here to read what our customers are saying about Kernersville Auto Center. When you’re ready to schedule your tune-up or other maintenance, simply give us a call at 336-993-7697. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have and schedule your tune-up on a day that works for you.