Air conditioning is crucial to have running in your vehicle during the extreme southern heat throughout the summer. If you are looking for a car AC repair shop near me to either fix a potential AC problem or for basic summer car maintenance, then Kernersville Auto Center has you covered! We offer full AC repair on every type of vehicle at our auto shop.
Learn more about AC repair in our latest blog. Ready to schedule your AC repair or other automotive services? Call us today at 336-993-7697 or complete this form to book an appointment. We will get your vehicle fixed up for you in time for any summer road trips you have planned.
Signs Your Car Needs an AC Repair
Air conditioning systems in vehicles are more complex than you might think. Therefore, it might not always be easy to tell if you need AC repair or not on your car. Luckily, we’ve written out a list of tell-tale warning signs that there might be an issue with your AC. If you notice any of these, then it’s time to get your car into the auto shop!
AC Repair Warning Signs
- Weird or loud noises when AC is on
- Leaking fluids that look different than water, they will appear as a ‘thin’ greasy substance
- Water spots on front floor mats or under the dashboard
- AC is blowing warm, balmy, or no air
- Foul odor occurs when AC is on
Now that you know what signs to look for to determine if you need an AC repair, we want to share the best way to avoid extensive air conditioning repairs.
Keep Your Car AC Healthy
The best, and only, way to keep your vehicle’s air conditioning unit running smoothly is regular automotive services. Keeping your car well maintained goes a long way for all the vehicle’s systems, including the air conditioning.
We recommend that every year you take your vehicle into the auto shop for a summer car maintenance checkup. It’s best to do this in mid or late spring before the heat really kicks in. Also, be sure to ask your car maintenance team to check the freon levels.
Kernersville Auto Center Treats Your Vehicle as Our Own
If you are on the hunt for a reliable car AC repair shop near me, then Kernersville Auto Center is for you! Here are three reasons why.
- At Kernersville Auto Center, we treat every single vehicle as if it were our own. No matter if you are visiting our Xpress Car Wash or need other automotive services, each car is treated with special care.
- Don’t just take our word for it, be sure to check out our glowing customer testimonials. Third-party reviews mean everything in today’s digital world, and we are proud of what our customers say about us!
- Plus, we value our customers so much we have an extensive Loyalty Program to show them how much we appreciate them! There are tons of perks in the program, including a free car wash on your birthday.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car AC Repair
Still not sure about AC repair issues or what to expect when getting your car’s air conditioning fixed? Then our FAQ section below is for you! Ready to schedule your service appointment or have more questions? No worries, simply call us at 336-993-7697 and we are happy to help. Our goal is to be your one-stop destination for a car AC repair shop near me. Additionally, we can help with any other automotive services you might need as well.
How much does car AC repair cost?
This depends greatly on the type of repair needed. If it’s something as simple as needing more freon, then it won’t cost as much. However, if it’s a more significant repair, such as replacing a blower motor, then it likely will cost more.
After we evaluate your car and determine the issue, we will discuss what your vehicle needs for an AC repair. In that discussion, we will let you know a more detailed estimate of costs.
What does an AC repair entail?
Each air conditioning issue has its own AC repair need. Therefore, what the AC repair entails depends on the issue at hand. Some examples of issues and fixes include:
- An air conditioning unit not blowing air could mean a blown fuse.
- Strange noises coming from the AC could indicate an obstruction in the system.
- Dampness inside the vehicle on the floorboards could signal there is a clogged drain line.
Once we discover what the issue is we will discuss in length with you what the AC repair will entail.
How long will an AC repair take?
Like cost, this answer depends on what type of repair your car requires. For easy fixes it won’t take long, but for longer fixes you might need to leave your car for an extended period of time. We will let you know the length of the repair after we evaluate the issue. Meanwhile, we are proud to offer a clean and relaxing waiting room with TV’s and coffee.
Car AC Repair Shop Near Me – Choose Kernersville Auto Center
Don’t suffer in the North Carolina summer heat while out and about! Stop your search for a car AC repair shop near me and choose a trustworthy auto shop today. Call Kernersville Auto Center at 336-993-7697 or complete this ‘schedule an appointment’ form to get in to see our experienced mechanics.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook or Instagram for tons of summer car maintenance tips!