Have you heard about putting nitrogen in the tires of your vehicle? If yes, then you are probably wondering why one would do that and the advantages of this choice. If not, then it’s a topic you should learn about! Kernersville Auto Center‘s latest blog discusses filling tires with nitrogen, including all the pros and cons.
In addition to nitrogen tire filling, we also offer every other necessary tire service, from tire repair to replacing your vehicle’s tires. No matter your needs, give us a call today at 336-993-7697 to book an appointment. Would you rather book an appointment online? No worries, you can use this form to book an appointment as well. Our experienced team will ensure your automobile tires are road safe and that you are getting the most money out of them!
Nitrogen & Tires
Did you know that there is already about 78% of nitrogen in the air we breathe? So, it’s clearly an important element of air. However, when you put nitrogen in tires it is 100%.
The chemical reasons behind putting pure nitrogen in the tires:
- Atomic radius of nitrogen is larger than that of oxygen.
- Nitrogen is non-reactive to its environment since it’s an inert gas.
Pros of Nitrogen in Tires
Below are the biggest pros of putting nitrogen in your tires.
Ways to Make the Most of Your Tire’s Lifespan
In addition to utilizing nitrogen in your tires there are other ways to increase the lifespan of your tires. Those are:
- Know how to put air in tires in case you find yourself somewhere with a leaking tire, so you don’t risk yourself or the tire by driving on it.
- Get your tires regularly rotated and aligned.
- Ensure you take your vehicle for regular maintenance checkups.
- Avoid driving over areas with broken glass and nails.
- Regularly check your tire pressure.
- Ensure you replace your tires as directed by your automotive specialist or manufacturer.
Advantages of Selecting Kernersville Auto Center for Your Automotive Needs
At Kernersville Auto Center, we are a small business that cares about every client and their vehicle. We will treat your vehicle as our own. From the first phone call to checking out, we put customer satisfaction at the top of our priority list through every step. Don’t just take our word for it check out our client testimonials.
We’ve compiled a list of the top 10 advantages of selecting our garage.
Top 10 Benefits of Choosing Kernersville Auto Center
- We are an all-service garage and will take care of all your automotive needs.
- Clients have a clean, safe waiting room if they need to wait for their vehicle.
- Our team of mechanics and technicians are highly skilled and knowledgeable.
- On top of all the services we offer, we also have our Xpress Wash.
- A top-notch loyalty program to reward our customers.
- Easy to schedule an appointment online.
- Convenient hours that include early evening and weekend hours.
- Easy access to a major highway (421).
- A team that truly cares about you and your vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nitrogen in Tires
Still have questions about nitrogen in the tires of your car or truck? Never fear, we’ve compiled this frequently asked questions section for you. Ready to schedule your appointment with our top mechanics and get your tires in tip-top shape? Give us a call today at 336-993-7697 and we will answer any of your questions and schedule your appointment.
Is it OK to mix nitrogen and air in tires?
Yes, you can put regular compressed air; however, at some point later your garage will need to purge your tires and refill with pure nitrogen again.
How long does nitrogen last in car tires?
On average nitrogen filled tires last about 3 to 4 months. But, it will vary depending on your tire type and quality.
What is the cost of putting nitrogen in tires?
The cost will vary depending on several factors. Those include:
- Size and type of tires
- Filling new or current tires
- Requesting other services at that appointment
Once you check in with us and we review your vehicle and needs, we will give you a more exact idea of your cost for that appointment.
Can I change back to compressed air?
Yes, if you find out this choice is not for you or your automotive budget, then we can purge the tires of the nitrogen and replace with compressed air.
Looking for Nitrogen in The Tires of Your Vehicle? Contact Kernersville Auto Center!
If you are considering putting nitrogen in the tires of your vehicle, then Kernersville Auto Center will help you! We can answer all your questions on this topic and complete this service request for you. Don’t wait any longer to put the best type of air in your tires. Give us a call today at 336-993-7697 to schedule an appointment. You can also complete this simple online form to schedule an appointment. We look forward to serving you!
Be sure to follow us on Facebook or Instagram for information on automobile tires, car maintenance tips, and news in the automotive industry.