Are you wondering, “where can I get my brakes fixed?” If you’re in the Kernersville area, we’re available to check your brakes and make repairs as needed. Our ASE-certified technicians can diagnose all vehicle issues you might be experiencing, so if you’re not sure what is wrong with your car, don’t worry. We’ll help you figure it out!
Warning Signs of Worn Brakes
Brakes are one of the most important parts of your vehicle, but luckily they don’t wear out overnight. You’ll notice several signs that you need brake repair due to worn brake pads
- Screeching or Squealing – do you hear a high-pitched sound as you brake? This is a clear indication that your brake pads are worn and you need brake service as soon as possible.
- Grinding – if you need brake replacement, you might feel a grinding sensation or other vibrations in the pedal or in your steering wheel. It is not safe to drive your vehicle if you hear weird noises like grinding.
- Pressing Down More Than Normal – do you need to press your brake a lot farther down than you used to? Or, do you find that it takes you a lot longer to stop? This indicates that you need someone to look at your brakes immediately.
- A “Hot” Smell – if your brakes are worn and working overtime to make your car stop, you might notice a hot smell caused by the friction.
In newer vehicles, you may also see a brake light on your dashboard. This indicates that you need brake pad replacement as soon as possible.
Luckily, replacing your vehicle’s brake pads is typically a fast and easy service. By scheduling an appointment through our handy online booking system, you can be back on the road quickly. You can also stop by without an appointment to see if we have any openings, but scheduling your brake repair guarantees your spot so you spend as little time as possible in our shop. It’s not that we don’t love your company; we know that your time is valuable, and you don’t want to sit around all day waiting for your vehicle repairs.
Signs of Other Brake Problems
Worn brake pads are easy to replace. However, you could also experience other issues with your vehicle’s brakes. Here are a few signs that you need brake repair:
- Pulling to One Side – if your car pulls to one side when you brake, it could indicate a bad brake hose or caliper.
- A “Spongy” Feeling – when you press on the brake pedal, does it feel “soft” or “spongy”? This could indicate air/moisture in your brake system.
- Leaking Fluid – Your brake system uses brake fluid to create hydraulic pressure. Leaks can happen anywhere throughout your brake system.
- Vibrations – While vibrations can happen if you need new brake pads, it can also indicate an uneven rotor. Even a tiny difference in the thickness of the brake rotors can cause wobbles and vibrations. Additionally, vibrations or a wobbling feeling could indicate that your tire wasn’t replaced properly. If the lug nuts are not tightened correctly, it could cause your brakes to wear unevenly.
- Smoking or Overheating – A hot smell will happen if your brake pads are completely worn. However, this can also happen if your parking brake isn’t releasing properly or if there is a stuck brake caliper. This is a dangerous situation, because it could cause your brake fluid to boil and your brakes to fail completely.
In general, if you notice anything weird with your braking, bring your vehicle to our shop. Our experienced technicians can figure out the problem and give you a full price quote for the repair.
FAQ About Brakes: Where Can I Get My Brakes Fixed?
If you need to find a place for brake service, here are a few FAQs about our shop:
Where can I get my brakes fixed along with other vehicle maintenance?
Here at Kernersville Auto Center, we perform all kinds of vehicle maintenance along with brake repair. Regular maintenance is the best way to prevent major issues later. Along with checking your brakes and brake replacement if needed, we can change your oil, tune your engine, check and replace your fluids, rotate your tires, and more.
You can also make the most out of your visit by getting a premium car wash. Regular car washes prevent rust, damage from insects, and scratches.
How much does brake repair cost?
The cost of brake repair depends on several factors, including your vehicle’s make and model and what repairs are needed. We’ll diagnose the issue and give you a price quote for the repairs. Unlike with other shops, you won’t get a surprise bill at the end. The price you see is the price you get.
We can also explain to you exactly what is wrong and how we will repair the problem. Our technicians are experts at using easy-to-understand language when we explain issues and processes. You can ask any questions, and we’re happy to answer them.
Do I need a vehicle inspection?
We are a North Carolina vehicle inspection station as well. You need an inspection once per year, along with an emissions test if you live in Forsyth county. This page has more information about the North Carolina vehicle inspection requirements. We would be happy to inspect your vehicle along with checking your brakes.
We look forward to helping you with your vehicle problems. Click the button above to set up an appointment based on your schedule or click here to contact us for an appointment.