Do you know what preventative car maintenance entails? Or, do you know how often you should get it completed on your vehicle? If you don’t know the answer to either question, then don’t worry you aren’t alone. These are two common questions we hear at Kernersville Auto Center. Luckily, today’s blog discusses all things related to preventative maintenance for your car. From what it entails to why you need it done; we’ve got your answers.
Ready to schedule your appointment or have more questions? Simply call us at 336-993-7697 or complete this form to book an appointment at our auto shop. We will take the best care of your vehicle and treat it as if it were our own!
Keep reading our blog below to learn more about preventative maintenance.
Preventative Car Maintenance – What is it?
First, it’s important to know what preventative maintenance includes for your vehicle. Typically, it spans checking all the major systems and/or components of your car. That includes:
- Air filter
These are the major items that are best to regularly check out. Some services that would encompass regular maintenance for these items listed above include:
- Conducting oil changes
- Rotating the tires
- Checking & topping off fluids (such as coolant or brake fluid)
- Changing brake pads
- Testing & replacing the battery before it dies
- Replacing windshield wipers
- Cleaning & replacing air filters
- Replacing spark plugs
- Balancing & aligning wheels (not to be confused with tire rotation!)
Top Four Reasons for Preventative Maintenance
Now that you know what preventative car maintenance entails, you are probably wondering why is it important?
Below are the top four reasons for preventative maintenance.
- Extends vehicle’s life span.
- Decreases number of repairs needed.
- Helps vehicle continually pass state inspections.
- Causes less or no breakdowns.
In conclusion, if you conduct regular maintenance on your vehicle, then it will extend its life span so you can keep it longer. Additionally, there will be less need for costly repairs over the years. Plus, preventative maintenance helps ensure your vehicle passes mandatory state inspections with ease. Finally, if all the parts of your vehicle are in good condition, then it’ll be less likely to not breakdown.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Maintenance
Do you still have some questions about maintaining your vehicle? We can help! Below are some commonly asked questions related to preventative car maintenance. Furthermore, you can also call us at 336-993-7697. From repairing your vehicle to answering your automotive section, Kernersville Auto Center is your one-stop auto shop destination.
How much does preventative maintenance cost?
The cost varies depending on what types of maintenance your vehicle needs. Some of the items discussed above do not need maintenance as often as others. For example, windshield wiper replacement is usually every 12 months, but batteries last anywhere from 3 to 5 years. Also, oil changes are typically based on mileage not the length of time.
After we evaluate your car and determine what maintenance it needs, we will let you know the services you need and a more detailed cost estimate. While you wait, please enjoy our clean waiting room and fresh coffee.
Is preventative maintenance necessary?
If you don’t want constant breakdowns, then yes! As we detailed above, there are many reasons why you should take your vehicle into the auto shop for regular maintenance.
Why should I choose Kernersville Auto Center?
There are so many reasons to choose Kernersville Auto Center. Here are eight of the top ones.
- No matter the service you need, we treat your vehicle as if it were our own.
- From tire replacement to oil changes, we are your one-stop shop for all things automotive.
- We have a clean and respectable waiting room.
- Our Xpress Car Wash also gets your car shiny and looking new.
- We have awesome customer testimonials. Notably, third-party reviews are so important because they provide an unbiased perspective on a company’s service.
- Our customers always feel appreciated with our Loyalty Program. We will even give you a free car wash on your birthday with this program!
- At Kernersville Auto Center, we are a small business focused on customer service. You will never be just a number to us.
- We have gift cards! They are perfect for holidays and special occasions like Christmas, birthdays, graduations, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, etc.
What services does Kernersville Auto Center offer?
We are a full-service garage, which means we can handle all your auto needs. Some of our auto services include:
… and more! Click here to see all our services.
Are there any maintenance items I should complete myself?
Even if you know very little about cars, there are a few things you can easily check regularly on your own. For instance, when safely parked check to be sure all your car’s lights work. Additionally, checking your tire pressure is another easy to-do item.
Does my car need different maintenance in the winter or summer?
Due to the extreme cold in winter and heat in summer, there are some different vehicle maintenance needs in those seasons. Here is a great past blog of ours about summer maintenance tips and information. This blog gives some great tips and tricks to winterize your car.
Kernersville Auto Center Is the Ultimate Choice to Keep Your Car Working Its Best
Keep your car in tip top shape with preventative maintenance at Kernersville Auto Center. Call us today at 336-993-7697 or fill out this ‘schedule an appointment’ form to get in to see our experienced mechanics.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram for year-long car maintenance tips! Check out our past blogs for more automotive tips.